(S//SI) Hand held finishing tool used for geolocating targeted handsets in the field.
• Split display/controller for flexible deployment capability
• External antenna for DFing target; internal antenna for communication with active interrogator
• Multiple technology capability based on SDR Platform; currently UMTS, with GSM and CDMA2000 under development
• Approximate size 3″ x 7.5″ x 1.25″ (radio), 2.5″ x 5″ x 0.75″ (display); radio shrink in planning stages
• Display uses E-Ink technology for low light emissions
(S//SI) Tactical Operators use WATERWITCH to locate handsets (last mile) where handset is connected to Typhon or similar equipment interrogator. WATERWITCH emits tone and gives signal strength of target handset. Directional antenna on unit allos operator to locate specific handset.
Status: Under Development. Available FY-20008
LRIP Production due August 2008
Thank you for taking the time to read this article! As always keep the faith!
The NSA’s original documentation on NSA WATERWITCH